Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Introductions

As I start this blog I am 28 years old.  I am married to a wonderful man named Robert. I live in Kansas.  I am an Emporia State grad with a B.S.E in Literature.  I have a cute cat named Sibby.  I am a Presbyterian, and I enjoy spending time with friends and family.  

The sole purpose of my blog will be to record thoughts I have as I read the entire Bible, straight through, for the first time.  Yes, I have read parts of the Bible, as I'm sure many can say, but I can't say with confidence that I have read the entire Bible.  I want to remedy this.  This book is suppose to be the guiding word in my life.  If this is true, how can I continue to rely only on verses taken from the whole, possibly out of context?  How can I be satisfied with my Christian walk if I am only basing the knowledge I have of the Bible from what I have been told or have read from books only talking about the Bible?

 I am dedicating myself to reading the entire book, and I have chosen a chronological approach to further help my contextual learning.  I will be using YouVersion to track my progress, with the reading plan provided by The Blue Letter BibleThis plan is "compiled according to recent historical research, taking into account the order in which the recorded events actually occurred".  If I follow the schedule exactly, I should be able to have read the entire Bible within one year.  This is my hope.
P.S I have no idea why my text is showing in multiple shades, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment